- Inspired by Liesl’s dress from “So Long, Farewell”, the “Liesl’s Party Dress” pattern has a fitted bodice, full gathered skirt, and lovely sheer puffing at the neckline and sleeve!
- This pattern comes with all sizes 6-20 in one envelope. Keep in mind that pattern sizes are different than off-the-rack clothing, so if you’re not sure what size you should sew with, see our pattern chart
- Charming 1940s style – This dress is actually very versatile for using during a couple different decades: While this dress was originally worn in the late 1930s, it would have been fashionable into the early 1940s. War time rationing would have made it impossible to sew during the WWII years, but when Dior’s” New Look” came into style in 1947 this dress silhouette would have been highly fashionable for the remainder of that decade. You can even make a 1950s dress with this pattern by simply omitting the lower puffed sleeve!
- Below-knee length skirt can be lengthened to floor length for a vintage evening gown.
- Optional pearl beading on the bodice, but otherwise a very simple dress to assemble!
- Suggested fabrics are silk dupioni, silk shantung, taffeta, duchesse satin, linen, linen blends, cotton broadcloth, or cotton sateen.
- Makes the perfect Sound of Music costume or vintage party dress!
Please Note: These patterns and designs are copyrighted by Edelweiss Patterns and may not be used for commercial production, garments sales, costume rental, or other business purposes. They are to be used for private home sewing and theatrical productions only.