- Our pattern for the Baroness Schraeder dress is a wonderful 1930s evening gown style for intermediate sewers and beyond. This fitted gown has tucks in the bodice, a back godet with slight train, and a back zipper closure. It contains the pattern pieces for both straps and cap sleeves, so you can use the straps for a more authentic “Sound
of Music” dress style, or the cap sleeve option for a modest prom or formal dress.
- The “Baroness” dress pattern has an attached overlay in the upper bodice area, with a sheer “pouf” at the left
- Comes in Sizes 6-20, printed on sturdy white paper, and includes a full color photograph on the front pattern
cover. You can see our pattern chart measurements here.
- Recommended Dress Fabrics include: Satin Charmeuse, Faille, Crepe Back Satin, Silk Shantung, Silk Dupioni
- Suggested Overlay materials are: Organza, Tulle, Netting, Chiffon Georgette, Chiffon, and Illusion Tulle
- Recommended Lining Fabrics: China silk, Bemberg rayon , Lt.weight polyester lining
- Includes detailed instructions and illustrations, along with a link to a video on how to fit the “Baroness Schraeder”
- This pattern makes the perfect Sound of Music costume, modest prom dress, formal gown, or vintage style
wedding dress! Ideal for your next “grand and glorious party”.
- To see the yardage chart for the Baroness Schraeder gown, click here.
- Click here to read more about this dress pattern and
the real-life “Baroness Schraeder”.
Please note: This pattern and design is copyrighted by Edelweiss Patterns and may not be used for commercial production, garment sales, or costume rental. It is to be used for home sewing and theatrical productions only. Thank you.